Countdown

Sunday, May 15, 2016

In Which I Go To Prom

Yay! Time for prom blog! Many pictures of pretty people!

So, yesterday we had our prom! Prom itself was only the dance, but there was so much more to it, so let's get right into it.
First my friend Claire came to my house to get ready. We took some pictures outside the house, and then headed over to the park to meet our other friends and take pictures with them too. That took about half an hour, and at that point no one could take any more fake smiling. Then we all went out to dinner, and to the dance! The dance was in the science museum, an old train station turned into a museum. The main hall, where we had prom, is a big, circular room with a pendulum in the middle. It was so beautiful. There was a live band playing songs, and we danced for about an hour and a half. Then we went to Mary Bess's house for a pajama/karaoke party!

Of course, that all sounds nice, but it's a story told better in pictures...




The best host family


My wonderful date Gray and I!

 


Me struggling to put on Gray's boutineer. So, it's traditional for a girl to get her date a boutineer, and the boy gets his date a corsage. Both are small but fancy flower arrangments. The corsage goes around the girl's wrist, and the girl has to pin the boutineer to the boy's suit. As you can see, this was a slight struggle for me. Eventually I got it though, and it stayed on all night!!



Close up of my gorgeous boutineer



The friends gathered in the park


The squad


Prom was honestly one of the best experiences of my life, and it completed my exchange year. I'll never forget this incredible night!!



- Marga

bonus pic:


For those of you who don't know, a few months ago I bought a cardboard cutout of Liam Payne at a thrift store. To this day one of the best things I've ever bought. He also makes for a very good prom picture.

p.s: this blog was written while listening to the Hamilton soundtrack, which shows just how obsessed I am with this musical
#notthrowingawaymyshot

No comments:

Post a Comment